A domain, or domain name, is the address (or URL) that we use to visit a website on the Internet. It appears in the address bar of your web browser (say, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari).
URL cannot be changed, but we can buy a custom domain name through cloudhostservices or from any third-party domain registrar, which can be made as your primary domain.
What is “A Record”?
An A record maps a domain name to the IP address of the computer which hosts the domain. It is used to find the IP address of a computer connected to the Internet from a name.
The “A” in A record stands for Address. Whenever we visit a website, or send an email, connect to Twitter or Facebook, or do almost anything on the Internet, the address we enter is a series of words connected with dots.
What is “CNAME Record”?
A CNAME record is a DNS setting that indicates your subdomains to another domain . In case, if you want your CNAME record to point to your Cloudhostservices – hosted domain by using “domain.Cloudhostservices.com”.
Other terms: CNAME resource record, Alias
A domain provider is a company that will register the preferred domain name for you. In other words, you purchase a domain on a subscription basis, and pay a regular fee to your domain provider in order to keep using your domain name.
Other terms: domain registrar, domain host
Using Email Forwarding feature, you can create personalized email addresses for a domain and forward emails to other email addresses of your choice. It is available for all domains pointed to the BasicDNS, BackupDNS, PremiumDNS or FreeDNS systems.
It is available to create up to 100 forwarding email addresses on BasicDNS, PremiumDNS and FreeDNS name servers, and up to 50 forwarding email addresses on our BackupDNS system.
However, this email forwarding service that does not allow creating fully-featured email accounts and send outgoing emails from firstname.lastname@example.org, since it’s a virtual email address. You may consider our Private Email service, which allows creating such an email account(s).
A Primary Domain is the main domain name that you have chosen to represent your website address.
If you only have the one domain name registered, then that will be your Primary Domain. However, if you have several domain names registered, then you will need to select one that will be your Primary Domain.
For example, say you have;
You could select 1) domainname1.com as your Primary and have all the other domains “point” to it.
In other words, your Primary Domain is the domain you would most likely advertise for your business. Other domains are to simply redirect or just points to that.
A root domain is a domain that can be purchased from your provider. It doesn’t have a prefix, like www., but contains a top-level domain (TLD) extension like “.com, .org, .net”. For instance: “cloudhostservices.com”
A sub-domain is an additional one to your main domain . They are created to organize and navigate to different sections of your website. We can create multiple sub-domains on your main domain.
SSL Certificate is data file that digitally binds a cryptographic key to a particular organization’s details. When an SSL certificate is installed on a web server, it activates the padlock, and the HTTPS protocol to allow secure connections from a web server to a browser. By default, SSL is used to secure credit card transactions, data transfer and logins. Also, recently it is becoming the norm for secure browsing of social media sites.
Tips for Choosing Your Domain Name –
- Use the Right Domain Name Extensions (.com, .org, .net) – When you choose your domain name extension, you can be sure of one thing: “.com” is still the best.
- Make it easier to type – Finding a domain name that’s easy to type is critical for online business. It must not be difficult for customers to find your site. Avoid using certain fancy spellings for words.
- Short & Crisp – Make sure your domain is not long and tedious. If so, there are high chances of customers mistyping them. Short and simple is the way to go.
- Using Keywords – Use keywords which would directly describe your business and the services you offer. For example, if you’re a cloud hosting and domain service business, then you may want to register it as “com”.
- Easier to Pronounce – As easily as your domain name rolls off the tips of your fingers, it should roll off the tip of your tongue. By doing so, makes it easier for users to share your domain name orally and to share your site name with friends and potential customers.
- Avoid Numbers & Hyphens – Your domain name should be smooth and punchy. But hyphens and numbers get in the way of that. Stick to the letters!
- Protect and Branding – In order to protect your brand, you shall purchase various domain extensions, including misspelled versions of your domain name. This will prevent your rivals from registering other versions of your domain name. It ensures your customers are directed to your website, even if they mistype it.
- Act Fast – Domain names sell quickly. Thankfully, they’re also inexpensive, so register your favorite domain names as soon as possible. If you’re having trouble finding an available name, then domain registrars like Cloudhostservices will suggest alternate names during your domain search to help you find the perfect domain name.
CloudHostServices , the fastest website hosting service provider is creating a legacy for the most reliable,
secure and swift web hosting.